Saturday, May 12, 2012

TAIPEI TRIP 2012! DAY 2 ! 3 MAY 2012 !

Woke up at about 6 am in the morning and got ourselves ready for early breakfast @ Wendel's ! =) 



Happily heading out for breakfast~~ =)


Took the MRT from Ximen to Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall station!



Find your way out to Exit 2, if you guys wanna visit this place for meals, please check their address~ Its actually very easy to locate~


Walked our way to Wendel's ~


We found it!! =D




We were really amazed bout how the restaurant looks like and was so excited to get our hands on those bread rolls!!


Even when we were outside we could totally smell the bread rolls!! It was sooooo nice!! =D




We were kind of the only customers inside, there were a mother and child enjoying their breakfast as well~ But they left after a while, so we happily walked around the restaurant and taking pictures~


They did put up a sign saying no photography though, but you know how we were like, WE DON'T GIVE A DAMN!! And just to share this great place to you guys! =D


We ordered our breakfast and it costed bout 10 bucks per pax~ But its a set of it, so I think its okay~





Patiently waiting for our breakfast to be served~


They served us Orange juice, plain water and Coffee~


Then, Mary's bread rolls was the first to come~ And we get to try the bread rolls~


I couldn't tell you how much I LOVED IT!!


It was the GREATEST BREAKFAST I have EVER HAD!


The inside of the restaurant~





Vincent, Sis and I ordered this!


It came with 5 FRESHLY BAKED Bread rolls, Omelette with sausage, dry cake to go with honey and some ham and cheese~


The breads were so crispy on the outside and SOFT on the inside! Side not, its NOT HARD! It was CRISPY! Okay, I made my point~


And IT WAS SERVED WARM! We were indulging ourselves away!


The omelette tasted GREAT! Another thing that surprised me was the dry cake actually did go VERY well with the honey! My sister LOVED IT!


With those food and the ambiance in the restaurant with soft music~ It was the greatest feeling EVER!


It was surreal that I was going to CRY! Because its just so unbelievable! I may be too exaggerating BUT my feelings on that time was too overwhelming~ I can still remember that ~


I will go back to that place if I have the chance ~  


Mary's Smoked Salmon~


Let's take pictures with those food!! =D


After our GREAT BEST Breakfast, we parted ways because we have our own plans on that day~


Mary and I headed to Yong Ning MRT Station to meet up with Maggie (My Taiwan friend! )


Met her up and she drove us to Ci hu~ A place to explore ~


Its actually a so called "Secret Garden" of the their First President~


So far not many tourists know of this place since it was only opened last year! Maggie just thought of bringing us to a different where not much tourists know of~ =) Thanks Maggie !


The outside of the information centre~ The cute version of their First president and I think the other one was the minister ? =X I dont know how to translate to English~ But its someone very important as well~ =P





The weather was actually quite okay ~ =)




The inside of the information service centre~




A few places before going in ~ These are just the outside of the "Secret Garden" ~






Statues of their first president~


There were some history behind it~


According to Maggie, after Taiwan was independent because Mr First President brought them to this land to settle down, and after some time.. Politics issues happened..


So those who do not approve of him, just throw the statues of him away, statues that were in schools, public places were all thrown away..


Someone came up with this idea to keep them all and put them in one place~


So those who do not want the statues will donate to this place~ And this is why this place is filled with his statues~


Salute!! =)


Whatcha looking at? =X (Not to be disrespectful, just posing this for fun~ Dont have to be so serious all the time right? =P )


Even Mary had to pose like this~ keke~


Even Maggie too! =X


What a bad influence I am~ hehe~




Maggie and Me~ My great Taiwan Friend! =)


When the time was up, we went to gather and waited for the tour guide to bring us to the place~


To our surprise, we had people joining us~ A group of hiking uncles and aunties~ They love to hike!


Apparently, they can hike almost EVERY SINGLE DAY! Ya! NO JOKE!


We HAD NO IDEA WE HAD TO HIKE!!


Once again, I was with my SLIPPERS! AND IT WAS RAINING !!! =(


Its quite dangerous BUT we still made it through!! =P


The entrance ticket~ And Thanks Maggie for the treat!! =)


My lovely friend!








We were enjoying the scenes and had fun along the way~~



Can you spot those white trees among those mountains?? =)


Its called Wu Yue Xue, direct translations would be Snow of May~ Its a type of flower that only blooms during MAY! And why is it called Snow of May because, its so white and blossoms on the trees at the mountain areas, from far it will look like SNOW! =) And when the wind blows, they will drop just like snow! =)


We were so lucky that we get to see those~ =)



Still hiking, the whole tour took 3 hours, I even got to hike with a freaking 85 years old man!!


I was sooooo impressed by him!!


And yes, I walked with a 85 years old man and were way behind the group.. =.=


Come on! I was with my SLIPPERS, the ground was wet, I dont wanna fall! And yes because I am FAT! So   I couldn't walk for too long? =X My stamina fails me!


But I am still impressed with myself okay! Who freaking hikes on a rainy day WITH SLIPPERS? HUH HUH?! ME!!!! =X


Okay, will not show off so much~



Beautiful scenery!!



Wu Yue Xue~ =)


Beautiful!! =


Stairway of them~ So romantic right?? =X



Fake beetle biting Maggie? keke~ She got the potential to be an actress~ What an expression!


Freaking CACTUS Shaved ice!! 0.0

We were like what? How does it taste like? There were such thing?? 

And yes, it tasted kinda sour, I didn't like it! =.=

Continue on with our tour~ A exhibition hall that showed the Minister's house ~ 









I find it kinda old and creepy though... =X


After the tour, we walked out on our own and went in to this place that you have to be VERY QUIET with guards outside~


Because the first president's body was inside~ So we had to be very quiet~



I told u she can be an actress already~


With my respect~






They won't move AT ALL!



My hair stood when I saw this, thought I can share with you guys~ Hair stand together!! LOL~ !!



Those were White swans but I couldn't get a closeup.. =(


Black Swans~


Waited for the guards to change shifts~






You can hear a very annoying beep beep sound.. Just one of the chinese' camera.. T.T They were REALLY ANNOYING!! They just push u through and try to get to the first line even when we were AT the first line..



The last picture before we leave for food!! =D









Maggie managed to drive up to have this famous stall~ She said usually it was so packed during weekends that she couldn't drive up, she had to literally hike up to eat this~ LUCKY indeed~ Because its weekdays so it was ok to drive up!


These are vegetarian food~ They have beancurds, eggs, vegetarian food etc..


The taste was really good, the food were so flavory! And their home made chilli! BEST!


Looking at the picture now makes me go hungry again... T.T It was really good, even Mary agrees with it~ =)


After our food, Maggie brought us to the old street which was very nearby~ I forgot the name of it.. =X



The dog just lied down in the middle of the road..


The sight of the old street, some of the shops were closed because it was weekday so they decided to close early?


Maggie said, it will be very crowded during weekends~




Maggie took us to this shop to eat Wa Gui~ It tasted like our local's chee kui but its in a bigger bowl, and with more ingredients on the top~


Not as oily as our version of chee kui~


Waiting for our food!! =)


They have like 2 types of Wa Gui, one was sweet and the other one was savoury version~ We tried the savoury one because the sweet one was sold out~



Tadah!! It was quite yummy~ The ingredients were nicely cooked.. Just by biting the marinated radish and dried mushroom was already appetizing enough~ =)



We went in to this shop because Maggie wanna get some flavoured dried bean curd for us to try~ Which I kinda liked it while Mary didn't, I even brought back to let Sis and Vincent to try, neither do they like it..


So anyways, see that shelf with food on it? Yea, those are flavoured bean curds and some other ingredients that you can just buy and bring it home to cook~


I just find it interesting, like the way people buy them~



At first we were wondering what was this..


And it was actually a wrapped up ice cream with shaved peanuts!! =D Something new!



Looks like this on the inside~


It was really tasty!! The ice cream did not cover the taste of the peanuts and vice versa..


They blend in very well ~ You could taste the sweetness of the ice cream and the crunchiness of the peanuts!


HAPPINESS!! =D Mary really loved it as well~


While having our food, we went to this park for some sight seeing~




Could you imagine? This place was actually filled with WATER~ Initially it was a HUGE river!


And the water level was actually at the peak of the bridge tower! yeap.. It was all covered with water, and the place where we were standing was their harbour front~


But as years goes by, the water level kinda decreased.. So it was that low now~ Aint it amazing? =D


The park~


Hopped on to Maggie's car and off we go for petrol!!




Maggie was hesitating whether or not to bring us up to the mountains to get some real great view of the flowers, because the sky was turning dark.


BUT we still went anyways~ It was AMAZING!!


I got to see real close !!




And the wind blew for bout 1 minute and the flowers started to fall~ it was soo beautiful!


I am sure that the view would be greater during the day! Its ok though~ We still get to see some amazing views!


Drove to this street called the "Fruit street" , walked for bout 30 minutes,we were VERY SHAGGED! So we decided to head back~




This is what Maggie bought for me while heading back~


PIG'S BLOOD!! =D I was telling her that I wanna give it a try because I have been hearing quite good review bout it~


I wouldn't say it was AWESOME, it was quite okay, didn't have that smell.. Like blood smell or whatever.. The texture was like biting on a pudding? Yea, something like that~



Dried bean curd with black pepper!!


Maggie dropped us at Yong Ning station, she couldn't drive us back to our place because it was too far from her place. But still, we really appreciate what she had done for us! Thanks Maggie ! 

Mary and I was really tired so we headed back to our place and hit the sack! =) 

Shall continue the next blog post in a short while ~ Stay tuned!! 

No comments: