Wednesday, May 16, 2012

TAIPEI TRIP 2012 ~ DAY 4 ! 5 MAY 2012 ~ ! 

Sorry that it took me quite some time to blog~ I have been busy and tired so I will try to blog whenever I can aite? 

On the fourth day of our trip, we were heading to Melange cafe, I made a reservation before we flew off~ Our reservation was at 11am~ 

It was just nice that we could sleep a lil bit later and rest more because of previous days of hectic schedules~ 

So we made our way to Melange and it was quite hot on that day..I was in a grumpy mood because of the weather.. 


The cafe is at Zhong Shan MRT station, red line~ 


The website mentioned that it will need to take us 5 minutes to the cafe and I thought it should be easy to locate, but that's not true..


We had to look at the map right outside the station and asked people around us to find out where we should head.. I would say that it is actually bout 10 minutes of walk?


On our way to Melange on this sunny weather.. ( I love the colour of my red lipstick! =D )



The only landmark I remembered was the Regent Hotel, Melange cafe is at the street NEXT to this hotel~

So we managed to find the elevator and made our way up but because we were 10 minutes earlier, so we had to go down again for a smoke before going in~ 

We were greeted by the friendly waitress and she led us to our table~ 


This is where they prepared their food~ 


The newspaper look alike Menu! =D Creative much? 


Yep, we were assigned to the table that was near the window, which it may look nice and all BUT I was feeling so warm there! Because of the heat from the Glass window.. Spoiler! 


Looking at the menu and was deciding what to get ~ 


Like I mentioned it is a Cafe, so they do not offer food like pasta etc.. So it was just simple sandwiches , waffles etc~ 


So we ordered our hot beverages and sandwiches! =) 



If you guys are interested in going to this cafe, remember to go to their website and make a reservation before making a visit ~ Because they won't entertain walk in customers, I am not sure about other branches but for this one, you have to make a reservation~ =) 


After about 10 minutes, our beverages were being served! =D 



Vincent's Royal Milk Tea~ 


It was really delicious, the milk tea was really smooth and very fragrant! 


With LOTS of sugar! =X But most of the time, Mary was using it for her Tea~ 




Sister's Hot Chocolate~ 


The whipped cream is to make the chocolate more of a smooth texture when you drink it, we tried it before adding the whipped cream, it was really chocolaty, like you could still taste that rough chocolate particles on your tongue.. But after adding the cream, the chocolate was sooo smooth and totally TASTY!! 


I love bitter chocolate instead of sweet chocolate, but this hot chocolate gives a taste of a bit of both~ It wasn't too bitter and wasn't too sweet either~ 


Of course you have to do the adding of cream yourself~ Guess my sister added the right amount to it ~ 


Next up was my Mocha!! 


My favourite coffee! I love Black coffee with sugar as well and Mocha comes in next! =D 


What can I say! I FREAKING LOVE THIS MOCHA!  


I just love everything bout it, the smell, the texture, the taste... yumms~ 



Mary's Tea~ I am not sure if it's fruit tea or flower tea.. hmm.. But I kinda think its a fruit tea~ Taste like it~ 


The fragrant was so strong!! It smelled sweet and sour~ So did the taste~ This pot, can serve up to 4 person? LOL! Because they will refill hot water for you if you want it~ I think Mary refilled the pot for 2 times? I guess end of the meal, she was bloated ! Full of tea in her stomach! LOL! 





Sandwiches we ordered~ 


It was okay, I mean how fantastic can a sandwich taste ? I didnt go WOW!! I just nod my head and said, yea its nice.. So it wasn't so bad right? =X 


The quiche we ordered~ I would say its nicely done.. Not much fillings though~ 


Overall it was pretty good! =)




Indulging our food and how can we ever forget to CAMWHORE!! =D 


Gotta show off that red lips of mine~~ *PUCKER UP MY LIPS!* 


After all the sandwiches, we were still hungry..


I mean come on, 2 plates of sandwiches and a slice quiche don't feed 4 people! And esp two of em had big appetite! *wink* 


So we ordered their speciality!


WAFFLES!!!! =D 



Just by looking at it, I am gonna drool now.. =X 


Its 4 pieces of HOT waffles with BIG sweet and sour strawberries, underneath the strawberries hid a scoop of strawberry ICE CREAM AND CUSTARD!! WOO~~~ 


We DID NOT expect that coming! The ice cream and custard part I mean.. 


It was sooo yummy!! =D 


Hot waffles goes with cold ice cream~ And the sweetness and sourness of the strawberries balanced off the whole taste of it! 


I couldn't emphasis much~ It was awesome! 


This dish surprised me the most, and yes we GOBBLED THE WHOLE THING!! =D 



After finishing our food~ We left the cafe and a last picture of it before we leave~ 



Of course, had a cigarette after our meals~ 


Initially we planned to go Danshui and Hot spring on that day.. Because it was all at red line, BUT ! The weather was so hot! The girls wanted to go SHOPPING!! Because we had enough of sightseeing.. =X 


And I REALLY WANNA go Orange Bear for my clothes!! 


So we headed to Orange Bear !! 


Trying out on Mary's Shades~ 




Lil sis and me~ 


I didn't take picture of the shop, BUT I can offer you the link? =X 


ORANGE BEAR!!


It is at Taipei City Hall station, they said you can exit from exit 1 ~ 


BUT if you are just like me, who HATE to climb the stairs ( You will see stairs going up at Exit 1) and dont mind the hassle~ 


Go to the exit where leads you a BIG SHOPPING MALL~ Which I believed is called Hankyu Shopping mall in English~ 


Well, here is the map of it ~ HOW TO GO ORANGE BEAR! 

When we headed in, it was CROWDED!! 

Its time to SHOP!! =D 

If you happened to see the clothes that you liked, and it didn't have your size for you to bring it to the fitting room, you can't ask the staff to help u to get for you. (which I believed that they have a store to store ALL their stocks) 

You would see a barcode on the item, just scan it on a mirror like machine (obviously it is near the mirrors or ON the mirrors) , you can check the size, price, the colour and whether is it instock or not. 

If its instock and have the size you want, you have to register your item with the staff and they will get it for you.. 

Well, I would say it was pretty time consuming.. 

First, you were picking out the clothes you want, secondly, you scan the item and see if they have it, thirdly, assuming that they have the item u want.. You have to register, fourth, wait for the item to come..Lastly, Q-ing up to try it on.. What if you dont like it? Shop again.. And the process goes on.. 

So yea.. It was quite a hassle.. 

BUT what I like about them was, they have more designs of clothes for big size girls like myself~ Unlike Singapore, its more expensive and not much of designs.. They are mostly BORING.. 

Whats more, IT WAS SOO CHEAP!! SO MUCH CHEAPER THAN SINGAPORE!! 

If I get one top/shirt in Singapore, its bout 30+ SGD.. BUT in Orange bear, you can get less than 20 SGD! 

Not only did I get to shop, Sis and Mary even bought TOPS! =D Sis got a cute dress~ 

Spent bout 2 hours shopping in Orange bear~ But I wasn't satisfied because I didn't have the mood to shop as time pass by.. 


The view outside Orange Bear! 


After shopping, we were STARVING!! So we decided to have lunch at the shopping mall~ A Japanese Curry Restaurant~ 



The interior of the restaurant~ 




Ordered and now waiting for it to be served~ 



The side dish that I ordered~ Potato salad~ Which they find it weird but I kinda liked the taste.. =X 



The beef curry rice with omelette ! =D 



The Chicken Curry Rice with Omelette ! 


Overall their curry was good, BUT VERY FILLING! We were BLOATED when we walked out of that door! 


We walked around the shopping mall ESP the cosmetics section~ 


I was looking for liquid foundation since I had finished mine SOON, and so we saw NARS.. 


Sis pointed out to me and said that lots of her customers actually asked if they sell NARS.. It happened that Singapore didn't have this brand~ 


NARS!! =D In the end I bought a liquid foundation from NARS~ 


I have not tried yet~ But by the looks of it, it should be a good product~ 



The outside of the shopping mall~ 


After our late lunch/early dinner we headed down to Wufenpu for more SHOPPING!! =D 


The time that we leave was peak hours but the crowd wasn't as bad as Singapore~ 



Waiting for the train to arrive~ 



Got ourselves a cup of bubble tea before going in for SHOPPING! 


Feet hurts like mad.. =X 


We split up and shopped on our own~ Shopped for hours and met up at our place at bout 10 pm before meeting Maggie, Jon and Ah Meng for SUPPER~! =D BBQ!! 


Went back to our place to get change in a casual way and went to meet up with them! 


Jon and Ah Meng were at the station waiting for us while Maggie was late~ 

Xiong Yi BBQ Restaurant!


Its right at Ximending, so it was very convenient for us ! =D Thanks to my Taiwan friends who brought us there!  


Waiting for our turn to go in~ 


Went in and ordered our food, Maggie came to join us! 



YUMMY!! Overall their food was really good! Fresh and tasty! 


Thanks Maggie for cooking for us! =D Her skills were good !! 


On the other hand, their side was quite a mess~ LOL!! 


I had fun overall! 



Last picture before leaving!! 

After the great supper we went back to rest! 

That was the last time I saw Maggie! I missed her already! Thanks to her, I had so much fun during my stay~ =) And she even made an effort to meet us when it's late and she gotta work for the next day~ =)  So touched!! 

That was the whole post of that day~ 

Hopefully I can blog real soon~ =D Stay tuned and take care guys!! 

No comments: