Tuesday, May 10, 2011

TAIWAN TRIP ! 3 MAY 2011 ~ DAY 1 - HUALIEN! =)


Hey people! I am back from Taiwan!! =)

I had LOADS of fun!! Seriously! I will never forget this trip! My best trip ever so far~

Apparently on that day, I did not get much sleep. Managed to sleep for like 1 hour and I only managed to catch 1 hour of sleep in the plane~ Anyway, took a cab down to Airport, Thanks Mum for sending me to take a cab! =) It was like 4.10am in the morning~

Met up with Laopo and Wan chin~


We checked in our luggage and headed to the staff canteen for Breakfast, Chin's dad led the way~ And treated us Breakfast! Thanks! =)


Finished our Breakfast, we were really excited !




Boarded the plane ~ Waited our turn to our seats and I am really glad that we took the seats with Extra leg space! Even though we had to listen about how to evacuate if there is any emergency! Like helping to open that 15 KG exit door! But still, its worth it! And if other exit seats do not have any other passengers, we can just change our seats and SLEEP ! The Cabin Crews WILL NOT disturb you at all! IF you take the normal seats and changed seats, they will ask you to go back to your seats~


See what i mean?

SEE! Its so spacious! =)
Took a nap for awhile, watched downloaded movie in my ipod~ listening to music, camwhored~ Whatever i need to keep me distracted and waited for the plane to reach Taiwan! =)

This is how she sleep~~ This is my Laopo by the way! HAHA!!

Was hungry, and ordered this, well, the food was quite okay, not bad actually~ Just a lik expensive for me~ S$ 8 for this small packet of Nasi Lemak.. One can of coke would be S$ 3 ~

So if you do not want to spend your money on the food, just starve yourself~ =)

Oh yea, i forgot, i even had a tummy ache when i boarded the plane, just too sudden!! GEEZ! But it was taken care of, i even ate my pills! Luckily i brought along, if not.. I don't think i will enjoy my trip!

Finally after 4 and half hours of flight, we reached TAIWAN!! We were on time, the flight didn't delay or anything~ Smooth~~



Waiting to clear customs~

This is how their airport looks like~

After landing, I found my way to buy the local SIM card, so i can call both overseas AND Taiwan~ So I can contact my family members and my friends in Taiwan~

We found our way to buy our bus tickets to take from Taoyuan Airport to Taipei Main Station~



While waiting~ =)

Yup! We took this bus to Taipei Main Station!

We managed to reach Taipei Main Station after about 45 minutes~

The weather was cold, that day was bout 22 degree Celsius if i wasn't mistaken~ It wasn't so cold if its not that windy, but the fact is, it was so windy! Its a good thing that we didn't catch a cold or something~

This is how Taipei Main Station looks like~

We bought our Train tickets from Taipei to Hualien~

The station was so big that even some Local people HAD to ask us for ways, but we know nuts! So we managed to find the ticket counters to buy our tickets~ NT 440 per way~ So its about S$ 19 ~ We still have like 2 hours till the next train arrives, so we were hungry..


Mine~ It's big! About S$ 6 ? Kinda expensive.. But well, we didn't have much choice~

Wan Chin's ~

Lots of varieties of Donuts~ Laopo bought 3 of it~ Didn't get to try because i am not a fan of Donuts, not interested.. hehe~
After we finished our lunch, we still had 1 hour to go, i was starting to get really tired and sleepy, so we sat down and rest..

When the time was almost up, we found our to the platforms, trust me! It IS complicated! You had to ask around.. And the Train always come ON TIME! So luckily we went to find our way for like 20 minutes earlier~ So we were on time~









We took Tze Qiang Train, the fastest train to Hualien, Well, at least that's what i heard.. It took us 3 hours to reach Hualien, by the time we reach Hualien, It was 7.03pm..

The scenery that we passed by while taking the train~ Some scenery were really beautiful, you could see the mountains, fields with scarecrows etc etc... =)

We were really tired so we caught some sleep, well, i didn't manage to sleep well because the seats were kinda uncomfortable for me.. But Maggie ( My Taiwan Friend) told me its like the first class seats of all the trains.. O.O , So i shall not complain.. haha!

The sky turned dark by the time we reached Hualien, the lady owner ( Minsu Owner) came to fetch us~

Checked in, settled down.. Climbed up to forth floor.. =.= , yep, don't ask ! I didn't know they have no lift.. But its okay~ Exercise right? =X The room was gorgeous ! I didn't manage to take any nice pictures because it was dark at night, so i thought of taking the pictures the day we checked out~ So please, wait for it! =)

Headed out to their so called "city" area? More like shopping area~ We cycled there! It took us about 10 minutes~ At first, i seriously wanted to give up! Because the bicycles' seats are all too high for me, i can't really control the bicycle.. Its kinda tough to ride it.. But still, i managed it..

I was STARVING at that time, so before we went for shopping, we looked for dinner!


yea! In Mandarin, its called "卤肉饭" , i don't exactly know how to translate but erm, its like some minced pork meat and its gravy on the rice, its just a very small bowl of it.. But ITS YUMMY!! Just that one small bowl will satisfy both your taste buds AND your angry stomach~ hehe! It did to mine~ =)

Laopo ordered Fish ball soup.. It doesn't taste good.. Its very fishy.. But Chin likes it ALOT! Weird.. =.= HAHA! But at least someone finishes it for her~ =)

Drink stall~~ We bought Milk Tea!! =) Its a MUST TRY!!


While waiting~

The milk tea was REALLY GOOD!! =)

We didn't manage to shop after dinner because we were REALLY tired after all those traveling.. And it was raining at that time, so we rode our way back.. It was kinda dangerous though, but its both exciting and fun! =)


I nearly got hit by a car because we were stopping for red lights and by the time we gotta ride when the green light starts blinking, i couldn't control my bicycle well.. There was a car behind me, very close to me.. But LUCKILY, he stopped and let me go first.. =X

Reached our minsu~ Met the Uncle owner~ When we first met him, I was kinda scared of him.. Because he has this unfriendly face.. Scares me.. haha!

Oh yes.. This is the funny part where we encounter EARTHQUAKE! YES! you got it! EARTHQUAKE! =P First time in my life encounter EARTHQUAKE!

While Laopo was resting in the bed, Chin was sleeping and it was my turn to take a bath.. Laopo said she heard sounds..But don't know what was it.. Until i came out from my bath.. I knew what was it, it was the door.. The door was vibrating, shaking.. Kinda loud, it was so obvious that it was vibrating.. So i was kinda freaked out, i thought it was ghost knocking at the door or something.. (ya, i know.. Silly.. But it might be true!) So i shook the door ! 


And the door vibrates back!! So i was freaked out completely! So i opened the door, and no one was there.. You should have seen my face.. I know its PRICELESS! LOL!!

So anyways, we thought it was the wind, because i opened the window for a puff.. Actually i am not suppose to do that but i just don't want to go down for a puff and climb up to 4th floor again! So we closed the window.. The door stopped.. And we were relived~

We slept soundly and one thing for sure was, i was REALLY tired!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, may i know which minsu u stayed in hualien?

Ice said...

Hi, check out this link! This was the one I stayed in Hualian~ =)

http://www.hl-sea.com.tw/